Faucets, Fixtures, & Sinks
Faucets, Fixtures, & Sinks In San Antonio
As any homeowner knows, plumbing issues can pop-up at any time. After all, you use your water system every day so it is bound to happen. When you have a reliable and affordable plumber, it can make all the difference during these situations. Caliente Plumbing, Heating & Air is the San Antonio plumbing company that you can trust for any plumbing issues. When you have a faucet, fixture, or sink that needs repaired or replaced, we’ve got your back. We always provide residents of the San Antonio area with quality service on everything from repairs to replacements to fixture upgrades.
Your plumbing system contains a lot of fixtures — sinks, faucets, toilets, showers, etc. We rely on these fixtures for washing, drinking, and cleaning, etc. Anytime one of these fixtures quits working properly, it can force a big change in the way you do things. And not in a good way.
One tough thing for homeowners is to recognize whether or not they need to have something repaired or replaced. If you are ever questioning what is the right solution for you, our experts will provide you with honest advice and information to make your choice. To help you in this process, look for the following signs that you might need new plumbing fixtures.
Signs Your Fixtures Need Replaced
- The condition — Any fixture that is rusty, can’t be cleaned, or cracked should be replaced. If your fixture looks bad on the outside, chances are the inside isn’t much better. Internal problems can create leaks and other major plumbing issues. Fixing those issues now can prevent plumbing emergencies in the future.
- The efficiency — When your fixtures operate efficiently, they aren’t causing you to waste a bunch of water. Naturally, your fixtures will become less efficient over time. Hopefully, it isn’t noticeable for many years! Fixtures can work and last for a decade or two, but if you discover that they aren’t performing efficiently — and it is impacting your water bill — you might begin to consider a replacement option.
- The pressure — If your shower isn’t giving you the water pressure that it once did, the issue might be related to mineral deposits that will build up in your water system over time. Another reason this may happen is because of corrosion. Sometimes these issues can be repaired. But in many cases, a replacement is the way to go.
What About The Sink?
When your sink has a problem, it won’t take long for you to notice. Sometimes it is a quick fix. But you aren’t always that lucky. Use the following information to help you make heads or tails out of what is happening with your sink. And remember to shut off the water to the sink before trying to fix anything yourself!
- Draining — Or should we say, not draining? This is a sure sign that something needs to be done somewhere. Again, the first thing you need to do is turn off your water. Then you can try to figure out if your drain is being blocked. There are a few ways that you can try to unclog your drain. It is often difficult for homeowners to know so we recommend consulting a professional. This is a sure fix that will be stress-free on your part. Just make one call to Caliente Plumbing, Heating, & Air!
- Garbage Disposal — Your garbage disposal probably makes a lot of noise when it is in use. But if it starts making noises that don’t sound right — sounds that it didn’t used to make — there is probably something wrong. Maybe something slipped inside of it that is not supposed to be there. Like a spoon, for example. You should be able to remove it without much issue. However, some items — like a washcloth — can get caught inside and won’t come out quite so easily. If this is the case, or you cannot figure out the source of the strange sounds, it is time to give us a call.
A leaky faucet can be pretty annoying. Nobody wants to listen to that constant drip all day and night. And if you’ve got a leak that is more than just drip, waiting to get it taken care of can lead to a much higher water bill. There are some things that you can do to prevent a faucet from leaking. One thing that many people don’t realize is to inspect the screws in your faucets. Doing this may help you to identify a potential leak before it begins.
How Hard Water Affects Your Faucet, Sink, And Fixtures
In San Antonio, hard water is a big issue. When you have hard water, it can lead to problems in your home. How does this happen? When it rains, the water that falls from the sky is pure. This means there are no minerals or soft water. The water then gathers minerals such as magnesium and calcium when it flows underground. When there are a lot of minerals in your water, it becomes hard water. This water will do no harm to your health, but it can be bad for your home. Why is this? As the water moves through the pipes of your home plumbing system, the minerals in that water can combine with heat. When this happens it leaves scale and buildup that can cause damage to anything the water gets inside. This includes the pipes, fixtures, appliances, and faucets in your home. The result of this can be leaks and clogs. The best way to deal with hard water is with a water softener that will greatly reduce the negative impact of hard water. The next best way is to have us make the necessary repairs or replacements.
Why Choose Us?
If you are ever faced with leaking fixtures or faucets, give us a call. We have years of experience taking care of these and a variety of other plumbing issues. We are available for you 24/7 in case of an emergency. We’ll send highly-trained service technicians to get you taken care of quickly. We pride ourselves on the services we provide and hope you will give us a chance to prove it to you.
Call To Schedule Your Plumbing Service
Our team is standing by and ready to assist you with any plumbing issue you may have. Call us today to make an appointment for the finest plumbing services in the San Antonio, TX area. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency services. We provide friendly services and quick solutions. Call (210) 330-3000 to schedule an appointment.