Burst Pipes In San Antonio
Anyone who has experienced having a burst pipe will tell you that it has the potential to be one of the most serious problems you’ll face as a homeowner. It may even result in hundreds or thousands of gallons of water entering your home if it is not immediately addressed.
If you experience a burst pipe in San Antonio or the surrounding area — Caliente Hot Water is the plumber you can count on. We are available for emergency burst pipe repair anytime — 24/7.
Common Causes For Burst Pipes?
A burst pipe doesn’t happen very often. And when it does, there are several possible reasons. Here’s a quick look at some of the main burst pipe causes.
- Cold weather: When pipes are filled with water and that water freezes pipes can get broken. This is because the water will expand as it freezes. If this happens and cracks a pipe, you could end up with a room full of water.
- Decay: As pipes age, they are subject to rust and corrosion. These things can weaken the pipe and eventually make it too weak to withstand pressure. This is an issue, most commonly, in homes that have steel plumbing. And it is more likely to happen with homes that are more than 50 years old.
- Tree roots: Tree roots can also make your pipes break. Trees that are planted near your home may have roots that grow into your pipes and eventually force them to break.
- Clogged pipes: Another thing that may cause burst pipes is when the pipes get clogged. A clogged pipe can make the pressure buildup. That extreme amount of pressure can force a break in the pipe. A plumbing system that is properly maintained is much less likely to suffer this fate.
Whatever the cause, a burst pipe is something that should get your immediate attention and a call to a professional.
What Happens When A Pipe Bursts?
Pipes are filled with running water. When one of them breaks, that water has to go somewhere. That means it will probably be inside your house.
Water can cause major damage to pretty much everything you own — floors, walls, and possessions. One of the biggest problems that can come from that water is mold. And it doesn’t take long for that to happen. And when it does, it can spread really quick. Plus, it is very difficult to get rid of and can destroy the foundation of your home.
Mold is dangerous for the health of you and your loved ones.
Burst Pipe: What Should You Do?
If you find that you have a broken pipe, call Caliente Hot Water at once. You can rest assured that our team will use the most advanced methods to detect the source of that burst pipe. This will enable us to take care of the problem and minimize the damage as much as possible. Then we will be able to get it fixed in a professional and efficient manner. What else should you do?
How To Prevent Burst Pipes
Want to avoid burst pipes at your home? The thing that will give you the best chance is regular preventative maintenance. By making sure that your system has regular cleanings and inspections, you should be able to identify issues that have the potential to be big problems — before they become big problems. You should be looking for things like low water pressure, pipes making noise, and excessively high water bills. Another thing that can be an issue and may require some investigation is large trees with roots that may be growing near your pipes. If any of these are happening to you, give us a call for further inspection into the cause. We will make sure that your home is in working order so you can focus on the things you would rather spend your time on. If those issues are found, here are some tips to deal with them.
- Cold: One thing that every homeowner should do — cold climate or not — is to make sure that their exterior walls and pipes have adequate insulation. Other ways you can help prevent a frozen pipe bursting are: turning your heat up, use fans to blow warmer air into cold rooms, open cabinet doors to allow warm air to reach pipes that are under sinks, remove your garden hose from any outdoor faucets, and keep your garage door closed.
- Decay: This is where a good preventative maintenance program can help you. However, sooner or later plumbing pipes are probably going to reach the end of their lifespan. The expected lifespans for different materials are 40-70 for brass pipes, 50 years or more for copper pipes, and 20-50 years for steel.
- Tree roots: There are a few things you can do about tree roots that may be interfering with your plumbing pipes. You can use a power auger down through the roots to cut them up. You can kill the roots with a herbicide to prevent any new root growth from happening. Then, of course, there is always the option to move or remove the tree. The size and age of the tree will determine just how big of a project this can be. Keep in mind that in some situations, you might need a permit to remove a tree so you should check with your local authority.
- Clogged pipes: Again, maintenance can help with this. You’ll probably have things getting caught and building up in your drains and pipes. It could be hair, grease, food, or any number of things. Drain filters can help limit this. A water softener can help prevent the buildup of materials in pipes. And you should be extra careful to make sure that nothing goes down your drain that does not belong there.
Why Choose Caliente Hot Water?
If you are ever faced with a burst pipe, give us a call immediately. We have years of experience taking care of burst pipes and are available for you 24/7 in case of an emergency. We’ll send highly-trained service technicians that will take care of any burst pipe issues you might have. We strive to make sure the problem is resolved for you as soon as possible and remove that unwanted stress from your life. We pride ourselves on the services we provide and hope you will give us a chance to prove it to you.
Call To Schedule Your Plumbing Service
Our team is standing by and ready to assist you with any plumbing issue you may have. Call us today to make an appointment for the finest plumbing services in the San Antonio, TX area. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency services. We provide friendly services and quick solutions. Call (210) 330-3000 to schedule an appointment.