Emergency Plumbing In San Antonio
Do you have a broken pipe? Or maybe a toilet that is making a mess in your home. What about a flood in the basement? Anybody that has had something like this happen will tell you it can be a big problem in a hurry. These situations need to be fixed as soon as possible.
The longer it takes to get an emergency plumbing problem fixed, the worse and more expensive it can become. We know how important this can be for the people of San Antonio which is why Caliente Hot Water is available to help 24/7. Give us a call anytime for any plumbing emergencies in or around San Antonio.
Why You Need A Professional
As a homeowner, you may be tempted to try and fix a plumbing problem on your own. You might think this is a way to save some money. And it might be. But, if it is not done correctly, it can lead to much bigger and more expensive problems. We take pride in making sure that anytime you trust Caliente Hot Water, you are getting the best. We will send a certified plumber with the experience necessary to quickly diagnose your problem after arriving at your home. Then we’ll get to work to efficiently get you back up and running. We do not look at this as just a job. It is a relationship with the customer. We know that you come first and will work tirelessly to make sure you are satisfied with the result.
What Is A Plumbing Emergency?
We consider a plumbing emergency to be any plumbing situation that is causing or has the potential to cause major damage to your home or business. This is an emergency because it requires immediate attention from a professional. In San Antonio this can mean leaking pipes, sewer line problems, backups in a drain or toilet, water heater issues, flooding, or many other problems. Here are some of the most common plumbing emergencies.
- Clogged drains: Do not wait to take care of a clogged drain. Any blockage that is there may lead to additional water backups in other parts of your property, which could lead to flooding.
- Water leaks: Leaking water = emergency. That’s all there is to it. Even the smallest leak can cause damage over time. Get the water shut off as soon as you can and get a professional to help you determine what is happening.
- Frozen pipes: This won’t be as common in San Antonio as in many other places around the country, but if it happens, it can be a major problem. Ice will probably cause damage to your pipes. Plus, you will be without a way to use your water. No showers, toilet, or sink? Sounds fun!
- Sewer line backup: What’s that smell? If you are asking yourself that, you may have an issue with your sewer line. Especially if you have water in places that you normally don’t — like in your yard. If you do have something wrong with your sewer, sooner or later, it is going to be in places that you don’t want it to be.
- Clogged toilet: When a toilet is out of commission, bad things can happen. You may have people fighting over the other bathrooms or if you only have one, you might be knocking on the neighbor’s door when nature calls. The last thing you want is to have someone try to flush it and have an overflow, leaving you a nasty mess to clean. The best thing is to shut the water off to that toilet and keep the lid closed until a plumber can come get things squared away.
- Water heaters: A leaking water heater is no small problem. This isn’t something that should be dealt with by someone other than a professional. If your problem is just not getting warm water ….. Well, how long can you live with taking cold showers?
Recognizing A Plumbing Emergency
Sometimes a plumbing emergency is obvious. If your basement is flooded — you have an emergency on your hands. Other times, you won’t be able to see a clear sign that there is a problem brewing. But, there are some things you should know that may be an indication that you need to consult a professional. Here are some things your can be on the lookout for.
Signs of water damage and/or an excessively high water bill might mean that you have a leak in a sewer pipe. If you have a back up in your toilet and using a plunger isn’t getting the job done then you might have a clogging problem. And clogging can be a sign of more serious problems in your plumbing system. If your water heater needs repair, you might have flooding, leaks, and of course no hot water.
If you notice any of these signs, give us a call to get a complete inspection and have your problem fixed as soon as possible.
What To Do In A Plumbing Emergency
The first thing to remember is to stay calm. When you start to panic that can lead to making bad decisions. But if you remain calm you should be able to limit the damage. It also helps to have your emergency plumber’s contact info handy. Here’s what else you need to do.
- You need to shut off your main water valve ASAP. Hopefully, you know where that is. If not, you should determine where that is just in case you need to shut it off in the future. Shutting that valve off will limit the damage to your property.
- Shut off your water heater. This can help you prevent any damage happening to the water heater. You should shut off the heater after the main valve has been shut off. This should keep heat from welling up in it. If yours is a gas water heater, make sure that the gas is shut off first.
- Look for small leaks. Anything that you can do yourself will make things easier when your plumber gets there. If you have some plumber’s tape in your home you may be able to use it to stop small leaks for now. Then you can report those to our team when we arrive.
- Open your drains. After your main water valve is closed, there will still be water inside your pipes. Turn on your outside spigots to help get this water out of the home to help limit the damage. Do the same thing with your hose outside and get the water out of it.
- Call Caliente Hot Water. The sooner you give us a call, the sooner we can start fixing the issue.
- Reduce as much damage as possible by calling right away. This can also help to keep you safe because a trained plumber can help you know what it is safe or not safe to do on your own. We are available to assist you in an emergency 24/7. We can handle any plumbing situation that you might have.
Call To Schedule Your Plumbing Service
Our team is standing by and ready to assist you with any plumbing issue you may have. Call us today to make an appointment for the finest plumbing services in the San Antonio, TX area. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency services. We provide friendly services and quick solutions. Call (210) 330-3000 to schedule an appointment.